Hi! I’m Desi. I’m a Northern Girl.
- Content creator, girl with glasses, asthma, workout junkie. Capricorn/Aquarius cusp – my head is an interesting place to be
- I love pizza so much I write a separate blog about it
- Favorites: music, fashion, running, coffee, travel, beer, Michigan, Los Angeles, Les Mills classes, Instagram, wine
- Dislikes: sitting in traffic, people who don’t like pizza, and when my pink pen runs out of ink
- I’ve done: 6 5k’s, 5 half-marathons, 1 obstacle race
- I’ve been: to 32 US states, 6 Canadian provinces, 2 Mexican states, 2 German states
I’m 30, a college graduate, music lover, and girl with glasses. I also like working out, traveling, fashion, large bodies of water, summer, shopping, and office supplies. I’m an only child, and I’ve worked in marketing, graphic design, retail, tech, and administration – almost entirely in the music industry. I have asthma and just a touch of panic disorder. After two years in Virginia and Nashville each, I now live in The Windy City with my BFF!
I’m from the Mitten – and on more than one occasion, I’ve been high-fived when trying to demonstrate where I call home. I absolutely adore Michigan and the midwest, even though I don’t live there right now. In addition to graphic design, I also love scrapbooking and paper crafts, knitting, and photography. I love organizing and listening to the same songs on repeat for hours. (Want to see what I’m digging lately? Follow me on Spotify!) When the world ends, I’ll be watching old episodes of ER or Dog the Bounty Hunter – I love TV, and have some of the guiltiest pleasures.
I started blogging in 2012 and over the years I’ve gone from a fashion blog to personal finance/frugality blogger to a fitness blog to a lifestyle blog. New to A Northern Girl & me? Check out some popular posts!
If you really can’t get enough of me, here’s where you can find me on Every Social Media Network Ever 😉