This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see the terms page.
arie Claire is one of my favorite magazines – it includes information that is actually useful and interesting, and their online articles are just as interesting (not to mention that “What A Good Woman Does,” my new obsession, debuted there recently.) Every month, they close the mag with an “opposites” section, where they give a celeb a list of questions where they’ll describe the opposites of each topic. Since I’m a celebrity in my own house (since I live alone and everything) I thought I’d take a crack at filling out their survey. Who knows, maybe they will get wind of it and print me in the next issue!
- Picky about gas stations. There are certain ones I would not be caught dead in / not so much about coffee. I will literally drink any that is put in front of me
- I feel for local government employees / no sympathy parents of toddlers. (If you are one, I’m sorry.)
- Skills mastered contouring! / can’t quite get the hang of email setups… or spiral staircases.
- Early for EVERYTHING / late for tech upgrades. I didn’t get an iPhone until 2013
- Totally get the appeal rooftop bars / don’t get at all dressing up to run errands
- Getting better at being nice to people / getting worse at being on time
- Perennially cool red lipstick / never cool unsolicited dick pics
- Moment of triumph finally being truly moved on from my ex / epic fail the move I’m currently waffling back and forth on. Nashville housing is hard, ya’ll!
- Glad it’s ahead of me my inevitable move to LA / glad it’s behind me certain relationships, for sure
- Hottest place I’ve ever been honestly, probably Michigan. I remember it being in the 100s the summer before I moved / coldest also definitely Michigan
- Always up for a nap. Mexican food. Pool hangs. Impromptu vacations. ER. / never up for scary movies or Metallica
- Too much in my life social media / not enough of oceans, lakes, or beaches
- Endlessly curious about history, political science, art… pretty much anything you can find in a museum / zero interest NFL football
- Subject I won’t shut up about lately Orphan Black and traveling / subjects I avoid lately I have been backing out of the confederate flag debate. As a displaced Yankee, I don’t want to get into it
- True believer coconut oil. At my last dentist appointment, they couldn’t believe that I don’t floss because my teeth were so clean and healthy. I oil pull almost every day, so I guess it’s paying off! / major skeptic Orphan Black‘s Paul. Is he good? Is he bad? Is he on our side? HOW CAN WE KNOW!?
- Perfect day begins with a three-mile run or yoga / and ends with a (fancy) beer and some trashy TV