an (updated) day in the life

This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see the terms page.

This year, and really since I moved to Nashville, my life has been totally different than it ever was before – but I’ve been enjoying it that way. Since it has changed so much even since I did the last “day in the life” post, I thought it would be fun to do another “follow me around” blog about what my normal day is like!

6:30am: the alarm goes off (recently I’ve been waking up to the Glee version of “Home,” because of course.) I’ll hit snooze a few times before I get out of bed at 6:55, make a cup of coffee in the Keurig while my regular pot brews, and sit down at my computer.

7:00am: Because I am so lucky and fortunate to have a job that allows me to work from anywhere, I’ve lately been enjoying sitting on my patio and working from my laptop. It’s pretty painful for my tendinitis, but I can’t resist the sun. (I even got to work from the front lawn of the record store a few weeks ago!)


12:00pm: I check out of the office for the day and have a few hours between shifts. My favorite lunches lately have been scrambled eggs on a piece of toast, with roasted brussels sprouts (I never ate these growing up and now I am totally obsessed) and a side of fruit. I’ll clean my house, work out, take a little nap, or run some errands during this time. Lately I’ve really been focusing on purging my closet and the rest of my house preparing for this summer’s move (much closer in to the city) and my mom’s visit in a few weeks!

3:00pm: Depending on when my next shift begins, I could shower and get ready at 3 or 4. I make a quick Shakeology shake (lately I’ve been recreating the Mocha Coconut frappucino that Starbucks got me addicted to before discontinuing a few summers ago) and I’m out the door to head to the venue. Depending on traffic, it could take anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour to get to work… I really wish I was kidding. Welcome to Nashville, ya’ll – hope you like to sit in your car on the highway.

6:00pm: Doors open for the show.

8:00pm: The show starts!

Then depending on what shift I’m working and how late the show goes, I get home between 8:30 or 12:30.

This is a really normal week for me. I might have one or two days per week off from the venue, so I don’t work at night on those days, but for the most part I really am this on-the-go day in and day out. Though it seems a little crazy busy, I really love it, and as hesitant as I am to admit it lest I jinx myself – I’m happier than I’ve ever really been.

What does a day in your life look like?