May Recap & June Goals
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see the terms page.
I feel like the wheels really fell off last month. My spending was all over, I barely made it to the gym… oh well. I have months like this every once in awhile – hopefully it’s over now and I’ll be able to get back on track this month.
- Only go to Starbucks once/week fail, but I did really well. There were two weeks that I went twice, but otherwise I drank coffee at work or brought drinks from home.
- Run 75 miles fail. I barely ran and my head feels it for sure.
- Pay $850 to my student loans fail, I only hit $613.37 because I my FSA ran out so I had to cover my dental and eye bills out of my checking.
- Retail spending freeze HAHAHAHA. I really tried, but I had a really hard month and even though I know retail therapy doesn’t help, that’s what I did anyway.
Get my portfolio builtcheck, finally. Apply to 20 jobscheck. Pay my dental bill and fax in the paperworkcheck Update medical paperworkcheck
As a bonus, I also went to the eye doctor! This has probably been on more than one monthly goal list and I never did it… this month I finally carved out a morning and got it done. It was my first eye appointment ever and it wasn’t too scary. And it was nice to hear that I do have 20/20 vision, I just have an astigmatism that needed to be fixed, so I got some fancy glasses to take care of that. I increased contributions to my 401k this month (so adult) and still managed to hit my student loan and savings goals without feeling like I was giving up or missing out on too much.
- Apply for 20 jobs
- Pay $700 to student loans
- Save $500 in my moving fund and have an exit plan
- Run three times a week
- Update my will
- Redesign my resume
- Only go for Starbucks 5 times
- Refill meds & inhalers
If anything has become clear to me over the past few weeks, it’s this: my current living situation is not great for my mental health and it’s probably time to go. Hopefully by the end of the summer, I’ll have found a new job and moved anyway. But if not, I’m socking away as much cash as I can to evaluate the possibility of moving in August no matter what.