This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see the terms page.
The last few weeks have been pretty trying, both at work and personally. Especially now that I’m sick, I’ve been throwing myself a pity party for any little offense – my cup is out of water? Woe is me. I have to run the dishwasher? But I’m so sick I can barely get out of bed… those sorts of things. So I’m trying a new exercise where I name things on Thursday that I am thankful for to try to give myself perspective – I know I’m lucky, but it’s sometimes so easy to get bogged down.
- I’m thankful to have a job while many of my friends are still trying to make it work on part-time jobs
- I’m thankful for a roommate who, even when he drives me nuts, will drive to the drugstore to get me NyQuil and tea before heading off to school
- I’m thankful for my college education, even when I get upset about my student loans
- I’m thankful for my friends, even when we are at each other’s throats, and especially thankful for them lately as I’ve probably been pretty hard to deal with
- and I’m thankful for the delicious brownies that I’ve been eating on all week. 🙂