July Recap & August Goals
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see the terms page.
WHERE HAS THE SUMMER GONE? Seriously. It seems like just yesterday it was May and I was getting ready for my vacation home and planning for other summer outings. (Spoiler alert: as with any summer, most of them haven’t happened :)) Here’s how my July goals panned out, even though the month went wooshing past me.
- Track spending big fat FAIL. I did alright the first half of the month and then it fell apart
- Lose 5 pounds I’m saying pass on this only because I have no idea what I weighed on July 1. Oops.
Go to King’s Islandcheck! I went solo on July 5. Pay off another dental billcheck, and I actually ended up paying off two because there was a surprise one that came in the mail from my dentist (isn’t there always a surprise one?)
- Go on a shopping ban following July 4th weekend pass? Kinda? I ended up buying an iPhone and some accompanying accessories and a new dress since nothing fits.
- Juice 2 meals a day 4 times a week this was a fail because I never wanted to go grocery shopping
Sign up for two more racescheck! I signed up for and ran in a small race where I live and signed up for Tink Half, and also became an ambassador for Color Me Rad’s fall race in Richmond Read one bookcheck – I actually read three. I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower for an infinite time, The Fault in Our Stars (three times…) as well as Looking for Alaska.
- Track my blood pressure before & after workouts I did not do this because my symptoms have seemed to disappear as quickly as they came back. Oh well. Someday I’ll figure out wat causes them.
Do two secret shopscheck – I actually ended up doing four or five.
- Deliver my next load to Goodwill pass. It’s sitting in a bag ready to go, I just haven’t made it.
- Do a Vlog nope.
- Pay another $800 to debt ugh fail. Paid $469.40. I need to get back on my budget game for real!
- Finish my “life binder” nope. I’ve been working on it little by little, but it’s a big project.
And my August goals:
- Thankful Thursday
- Live according to a budget
- Do four secret shops
- Pay $900 to debt
- Sell five things
- Get my brakes changed
- Go wine tasting
- Read four books
- Run 60 miles (EEP)
- Get some new wardrobe staples to supplement current closet, spend under $150 (I’m now going through three outfits every morning before I find something that fits well enough to wear to work. Weight loss problems.)
- Apply to two jobs
That should be enough to make me feel accomplished and help me keep from spending too much! Right? Right??