The Cost Of Moving: Kitchen
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see the terms page.
This was probably the worst part of it because you need So. Many. Things., not even counting food. It was especially painful because I’d just gotten a nice dining set when I moved into my last place, so having to pick up a bunch of new things that I will (hopefully) not use for very long was just the worst to spend money on. I picked mostly everything up at Target and Ikea, per usual.
- Set of silverware, $1.50 (BONUS from Ikea, but not recommended if you do not have a] a TINY mouth or b] a GIANT one)
- Three cups, ~$3
- Two plates, ~$3
- Two bowls, ~$4
- Two mugs, $.75 (I was lucky to catch a few things from the Target dollar spot at 70% off)
- Wine bottle opener, pizza cutter, slotted spoon, spatula, mixing bowl, colander, $.30 each
- Wine bottle stoppers, $.75
- Small trash can, $.88
- Swiffer, $10
- Dustpan, $3
- Utensil holder, $4
- Silverware drawer, $.98
- Oven mitten, $6
- Measuring spoons, $4.48
- Pitcher, $4
- Blender, $1.50 (no kidding, new in the box from Target)
- Pizza pan, $5
- Set of frying pan and pot, $7.50
- Knives, $3
- Cutting board, $1
I think that’s really all I got to outfit the kitchen. I moved down with a juicer, a ton of Mason jars and a set of food storage, and that’s about it. Not huge spending, but certainly nothing really fun either. Kitchen spending was roughly $70… ew.